Minnesotans For Sustainability©
Sustainable Society: A society that balances the environment, other life forms, and human interactions over an indefinite time period.
The Takeover of America
Audio Files of Latino Activists*
California Coalition for Immigration Reform
A copy of the CD can be ordered at < http://www.ccir.net/AUDIO/TakeoverOfAmericaCD/OrderInfo040303-CD01.html >. MFS has not reviewed the materials and does not express an opinion on them.
Or by sending a check for $7.00 US to:
California Coalition for Immigration Reform.
Please note in the memo area of your check "For CD", and include:
© California Coalition for Immigration Reform
1) Armando Navarro, Prof. Ethnic Studies, UC Riverside at Latino Summit Response to Prop 187, UC Riverside, 1/1995. 1.6 mb.
The original is at < http://www.ccir.net/AUDIO/TakeoverOfAmericaCD/01.mp3 >.
2) Art Torres, former CA state senator, currently Chair of California Democrat Party at UC Riverside 1/1995. 1.5 mb.
The original is at < http://www.ccir.net/AUDIO/TakeoverOfAmericaCD/02.mp3 >.
3) Jose Angel Gutierrez, Prof. Univ. Texas at Arlington, founder La Raza Unida Party at UC Riverside 1/1995. 1.8 mb.
The original is at < http://www.ccir.net/AUDIO/TakeoverOfAmericaCD/03.mp3 >.
4) Bill Richardson, New Mexico Governor, former U.S. Congressman, U.N. Ambassador, U.S. Sect'y of Energy interviewed on radio Latino USA responding to Congressional Immigration Reform legislation in 1996. 1.0 mb.
The original is at < http://www.ccir.net/AUDIO/TakeoverOfAmericaCD/04.mp3 >.
5) Mario Obledo, founding member/former nat'l director of Mexican-American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF), former CA Sect'y Health/Welfare on Tom Leykis radio talk show. 1.3 mb.
The original is at < http://www.ccir.net/AUDIO/TakeoverOfAmericaCD/05.mp3 >.
6) CCIR commentary on Mario Obledo. 1.0 mb.
The original is at < http://www.ccir.net/AUDIO/TakeoverOfAmericaCD/06.mp3 >.
7) Richard Alatorre, former Los Angeles City Councilman at Latino Summit conference in Los Angeles opposing CA Prop. 209 ending affirmative action in 9/1996. 1.1 mb.
The original is at < http://www.ccir.net/AUDIO/TakeoverOfAmericaCD/07.mp3 >.
8) Joe Baca, former CA Assembly member, currently member of Congress at Latino Summit Response to Prop 187 UC Riverside 1/1995 and Southwest Voter Registration Project annual conference in Los Angeles, 6/1996. 3.0 mb.
The original is at < http://www.ccir.net/AUDIO/TakeoverOfAmericaCD/08.mp3 >.
9) Antonio Villaraigosa, Chair of MEChA (student wing of Aztlán movement) at UCLA, former CA assembly member, former CA Assembly speaker, currently Los Angeles City Councilman at Southwest Voter Registration Project Conference in Los Angeles, 6/1997. 2.3 mb.
The original is at < http://www.ccir.net/AUDIO/TakeoverOfAmericaCD/09.mp3 >.
10) Gloria Molina, one of the five in Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors at Southwest Voter Registration Project Conference, 6/1996. 2.1 mb.
The original is at < http://www.ccir.net/AUDIO/TakeoverOfAmericaCD/10.mp3 >.
11) Vicky Castro, former member of Los Angeles Board of Education at Southwest Voter Registration Project Conference, 6/1996. 2.1 mb.
The original is at < http://www.ccir.net/AUDIO/TakeoverOfAmericaCD/11.mp3 >.
12) Ruben Zacarias, former superintendent of Los Angeles Unified School District at Southwest Voter Registration Project Conference, 6/1997. 1.7 mb.
The original is at < http://www.ccir.net/AUDIO/TakeoverOfAmericaCD/12.mp3 >.
13) Ernesto Zedillo, former president of Mexico announcing the Mexican constitutional amendment allowing for dual citizenship on 6/23/97. 1.8 mb.
The original is at < http://www.ccir.net/AUDIO/TakeoverOfAmericaCD/13.mp3 >.
14) Augustin Cebada, Information Minister of Brown Berets, militant para-military soldiers of Aztlan shouting at U.S. citizens at an Independence Day rally in Los Angeles, 7/4/96. 2.9 mb.
The original is at < http://www.ccir.net/AUDIO/TakeoverOfAmericaCD/14.mp3 >.
15) Fabian Nunez, formerly Alliance for Immigrant Rights, political liaison for L.A. School District, currently Speaker of the CA Assembly at Latino Summit Response to Prop 187 at UC Riverside, 1/1995. 6.1 mb.
The original is at < http://www.ccir.net/AUDIO/TakeoverOfAmericaCD/15.mp3 >.
16) Larry Elder, L.A. radio talk show host reads a letter from one of his listeners. 0.8 mb.
The original is at < http://www.ccir.net/AUDIO/TakeoverOfAmericaCD/16.mp3 >.
17) Tom Tancredo, U.S. Congressman from Colorado,, speaking on CSPAN, 6/27/2001. 1.0 mb.
The original is at < http://www.ccir.net/AUDIO/TakeoverOfAmericaCD/17.mp3 >.
18) Gray Davis, former governor of California, recalled by the voters 10/2003 speaking to a Latino audience in 1999. 0.4 mb.
The original is at < http://www.ccir.net/AUDIO/TakeoverOfAmericaCD/18.mp3 >.
19) MEChA (student wing of the Aztlán movement - motto "For the race, everything, for those outside the race, nothing.") chants at national conference, Cal State Univ., Northridge, 6/1996. 1.6 mb.
The original is at < http://www.ccir.net/AUDIO/TakeoverOfAmericaCD/19.mp3
Please send mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments about this web site. Minnesotans For Sustainability
(MFS) is not
affiliated with any government body, private, or corporate entity.
Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2004
Minnesotans For Sustainability